bridle joint

In the third class of the semester, I made a bridle joint. And here’s my drawing of it.

10012014_2_3

Here’s the real thing:IMG_9618_3

View of the underside:IMG_9619_4 I love it when all the lines meet up. So satisfying.

Top view: IMG_9620_5 You can see where I initially pounded the mallet to the top but the sides didn’t go all the way to the top, so Jay (my instructor) advised  me to saw a little deeper into piece that will seat the top piece, and any excess on the sides can be sawed off and plane it later on. so that’s what I did, but not the sawing off or the planing. It’s not perfect, but it holds.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: